Baby, Sewing

Pickiness!

July 14, 2011

So if you’re just tuning in, you might should know that I have a 12yr old that’s hella picky when it comes to eating. I guess you can say it’s my fault but I don’t want to take the blame. So with version 2.0 we thought we’d try to introduce the “horrible” stuff at a younger age. That’s right, I finally got out the camera and got a picture of Pepper eating broccoli!! The boy kept saying in the background while she’s chowing down: “YOU’RE EATING SHRUBS!!!”

To which, Ms. Pepper replied: NOM! NOM! NOM!

Nom! Nom! Nom!

(had to snap a picture for proof, I’m betting she’ll turn picky)

Tonight, for the first time eva, I cut my own bias binding. Yeah, I’m pretty proud of myself. . . . I know it’s easy. . but hey, I did it from a fat quarter and it looks totally great and awesome with my current WIP:

Bias Binding!

(Leigh, does that “ugliness” look familiar?)

No more running to the fabric store to get my pre-cut binding!!!

• Reply Anita July 15, 2011 at 3:21 am

Great picture! Training children to eat healthy is a chore!

Love your binding fabric…great colors!

• Reply Elizabeth @ Don't Call Me Betsy July 15, 2011 at 4:43 am

Oh yikes, I remember when my munchkin would eat broccoli. Feels like a million years ago. He’s now denounced it, since he’s three and any food that’s my idea must be awful. 🙂

• Reply Deonn July 15, 2011 at 5:43 am

Hey, Ms. Sukie, I may be biased, but that looks beautiful! I love a stripe on the bias. http://quiltscapesquilting.blogspot.com/2011/04/i-may-be-biased.html
    And, by the way, what a cutie patootie broccoli baby! Trees and shrubs, gotta love it!

• Reply suzee July 15, 2011 at 5:55 am

Great job on the bias! love those stripes! I just made my first few weeks back too.
    My kids loved all sorts of good things when they were little but won’t touch it now. :/

• Reply Colleen July 15, 2011 at 7:54 am

I love your binding. And I’m hoping that eating well will last. Both of my girls love their vegetables. In fact, their favorite meal is salmon and asparagus!

• Reply leigh July 15, 2011 at 2:03 pm

I never said it was ugly, I just didn’t have anything to go with it and I didn’t want to buy more stuff! Glad you’re using it 🙂

• Reply Alli July 15, 2011 at 11:59 pm

Baby eating shrubs is adorable!

• Reply meikjn July 21, 2011 at 8:21 pm

shrubs that is funny. my daughter says that broccoli is too pokey. and I HATE bias tape. it rarely works for me. but homemade is nice because it can be whatever fabric you want. I am using the scraps to make a crib quilt for my old roommate who is having her first baby.