Self

2011 Recap

December 30, 2011

Ah yes. . . going on the blogs I see/read many many accomplished goals for 2011 and I’m kind of at a lost for words.  I didn’t really set goals at the beginning of the years so my recap post is kind of lame sauce.

Here’s what I did set to do for the year. . . it was to make new friends.  That’s right I want to make more friends and I think I pretty much accomplished it.  Here’s a short list of the folks that mean something to me (please don’t get butt hurt if you’re not on the list):

My best friend of all time would have to be my hubby, Brad. He’s always been supportive in my endeavors! From my salt water fish hobby to my sewing. There’s not a day that goes by that I don’t think I’m really lucky to have him in my life.

BFF

My partner in crime, Don’t Call Me Elizabeth. . I think we really got close organizing modern 4×5 bee. When she came to Salt Lake for the Sewing Summit we meshed really really well. And we’ve been talking ever since on the phone/email/twitter! She’s my double-rainbow-all-way!

Don'tCallMeElizabeth

Oh don’t forget my local gal pals. . where would I be without them!! Who would go to the fabric sales. . who would I sit next to while our local modern quilt meetings. . . who would I call up and bullshit with every week?

2011-11-11 12.46.01.jpg

So that was my goal for the year and I think I did really really great.

Thanks for being my friend!!

I heart ya’ll!!

• Reply Kati December 30, 2011 at 3:14 pm

It really has been a great year. Now when you say, “Don’t you know who I am?” everyone will say, “Yes!” We need to get yogurt again soon, sans kids this time!

• Reply KellyS December 30, 2011 at 3:14 pm

What a great post! I hope to accomplish the same thing in 2012. Hopefully by joining a modern quilt guild and a bee in the guild I will meet more local gals I can call friends. It’s hard to be here for 9 years now and STILL only have 3-4 close friends, none of which I see now that I am a stay-at-home-mom. I’ve “met” a few online friends in the few months that I have been blogging, but I hope to meet more. Especially the ones I can email/twitter/BS with. 😉 Happy New Year!

• Reply Brooke December 30, 2011 at 3:40 pm

I wish I lived closert to you guys so I could grab yogurt (with or without kids!) with you guys. Looks like fun.

• Reply amy smart December 30, 2011 at 4:51 pm

Yes- I think you did and AWESOME job with your goals this year. You are one popular chick! I’m glad to be among the many new friends this year!!

• Reply Meg December 30, 2011 at 5:11 pm

I am soooo butt hurt! Dang, I am not on the list! ;0) However, you did accomplish a lot. Nothing is better than family and friends anyway.

• Reply Elizabeth @ Don't Call Me Betsy December 30, 2011 at 5:52 pm

Awww, right back at’cha! Love your Hey Girl, that was hysterical 🙂 I think making friends is a super awesome accomplishment, so yay for that! Here’s to even more fun stuff in 2012!

• Reply Jewel December 30, 2011 at 6:35 pm

Woot! Glad to be a new friend! LEt’s plan to meet soon 🙂

• Reply Lee @ Freshly Pieced December 30, 2011 at 7:57 pm

OMG, I am so butt hurt! Don’t you know who I am? I should be on this list! Oh wait, that’s your line. : ) I think you accomplished plenty, you don’t really want to be like the rest of us Type A list-making goal-setting freaks, do you? LOL. Happy new year!

• Reply Lee @ Freshly Pieced December 30, 2011 at 7:57 pm

P.S. Love your “hey girl.” And you do organize a mean swap. : )

• Reply Carolyn December 31, 2011 at 2:33 am

So no goals for next year? 🙂

Oh, and I’m totally butt hurt.

• Reply Lindsay December 31, 2011 at 9:37 am

Nice to keep it simple–and to know you’ve met your biggest goal! 🙂 Hosting a year-end link party at http://www.craftbuds.com/craft-buds-2011-year-in-review-link-party. Feel free to join us if you’d like, and happy 2012 Amy!

• Reply AnneMarie @ Gen X Quilters December 31, 2011 at 2:32 pm

Love the pic of your hubs! Glad to call you a new friend too!

• Reply leigh January 3, 2012 at 9:28 pm

I’m in for yogurt next time too!

• Reply Erin January 7, 2012 at 2:52 pm

Woo hoo! I’m so glad I could play a small part in you meeting your 2011 goal. :] I’ve loved getting to know you more & totally look forward to our meetings just cuz of you. ;]