Hello Kitty QAL, Mini

Some many things so little time

February 8, 2012

Ah another Wednesday and here’s what I got done.

I made a bit more progress on HK’s face, she’s got a nose and a chin! I’ve decided if you’re doing a pixelated quilt – have other items in the wings to work on because it’s boring and tedious kind of quilt.

HK Process Pic Actionshot 2

The other day, Kati dropped off a very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, awesome gift!!! I love the heck out of it and I’m thinking of replacing my purse to carry it everyday!! A jane market bag made out of Washi fabric:

Washi Jane Market Bag

Washi Jane Market Bag

Thanks Kati! I love it!!!!

I’m still working on another mini for the modern mini challenge. Yeah I did the unspeakable – I cut into my rare Denyse Schmidt fabric. . the Katie Jump Rope and Flea Market Fancy. . Hope Valley. . and some of her new lines that can still be found at Jo’s. I don’t know if you have any out of print fabric but it almost pains me to cut it up, like you can almost hear the fabric screaming. But I reassured myself quick because I’m making something for myself to put on my sewing wall. Treat yourself! How are ya’ doing with your mini?

Sneak of Mini

Modern Mini Challenge

You know that saying you’re spread thin. . . well I can’t help it! I got the new Summer Love line from Art Gallery and like a bolt of lightening I got hit with inspiration. I’m working on paper piecing this block together. Have ya’ll done paper piecing? It’s kind of confusing to start but the results are amazing! Here’s what I got done last night:

Summerlove Paperpiecing

Can’t wait to cut up some more fabric!!!

SummerLove Fabric

How are you doing on your WIPs? I seem to be adding more to my list, eek!!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

• Reply Katie B February 8, 2012 at 7:52 am

Just when I think I can’t love you any more…you go and post the Treat Yo Self clip. Parks & Rec is literally my favorite show on TV.

P.S. I want your market bag. Bad.

• Reply Elizabeth @ Don't Call Me Betsy February 8, 2012 at 7:58 am

OMG, awesome bag from Kati, wow!!! And look at HK, she looks awesome 🙂 So does your Summerlove progress already, wow! Did you sleep last night?!?!?!? Love the clip too, I needed that laugh this morning 🙂

• Reply sarah February 8, 2012 at 8:16 am

Love that clip! You’re making tons of progress on everything.

• Reply Allison C February 8, 2012 at 9:00 am

Good work on kitty and I’m seriously jealous about that bag. Its awesome!

• Reply Richard Healey February 8, 2012 at 10:10 am

I love the pixalized quit. That is totally cool cant wait to see it finished.

http//richardquilts.blogspot.com
    Make sure you stop by and put your guess in my quilt givaway by guessing my babys B-day or Birth Weight.

• Reply Dan February 8, 2012 at 10:50 am

HK looks great! Aren’t you glad you reduced your pixels?

• Reply Greta February 8, 2012 at 11:32 am

OMG that bag is amazing!!! You do have a lot of projects going on. I like the Hello Kitty quilt. I’d really like to make my brother a quilt like this maybe based on one of the video games we grew up playing. Are you following a pattern? How did you go about drafting it?

• Reply Kati February 8, 2012 at 11:49 am

I’m so glad you love the bag! HK is looking great, and that stack of Art Gallery fabric looks fun too.

• Reply Katie February 8, 2012 at 2:05 pm

Oh man Amy, you have awesome friends! Hello Kitty is looking great too!

• Reply Lucy @ Charm About You February 8, 2012 at 5:37 pm

Kitty is looking good!
    Love that pile of lush fabric 🙂

• Reply Marika February 8, 2012 at 7:24 pm

My mini is paper pieced and almost done. I just need to figure out one last thing and then I can quilt it !

You are so right about paper piecing. Sometimes, you just don’t know where you are going until you start assembling all those pieces. It’s very time consuming but oh so worth it !

I might have to buy some Summer Love now !! I can’t wait to see more !

• Reply Colleen February 8, 2012 at 9:03 pm

Ooh, Kati rocks! By the time I get you your bag I promised you, you won’t even need it.

• Reply Jennifer @ Ellison Lane Quilts February 10, 2012 at 8:11 pm

Oh I saw that bag on her blog and loved it. So fun that it was for you! 🙂
    Loving that giant pile of fabric. Can’t wait to see what you’ve done with it! Miss Kitty is looking good too btw!

• Reply Lindsey R. February 11, 2012 at 7:42 am

eek, HK is looking fantastic! Can’t wait to see your mini challenge and I’m cracking up at the video. Treat yo self! I think that’s my new motto, lol.

• Reply Meryl February 11, 2012 at 9:55 pm

So… You have now mostly completed (if not completely completed at this point) a pixel quilt. what are your tips on cutting so many squares. ALSO, what size of squares are you doing? I’m going to start mine (Link) after My vacation. I may save some of my vacation money for a GREAT light on my sewing area.

Also, you gotta show me where I can treat myself to some fab fabrics. I’m excited!