They’re good for many reasons:
1. Fat quarters give you a bigger chuck of the fabric.
2. They give you better options for patchwork or applique
3. They’re popular and stores make it easy to buy bundles
Here’s the reasons why I think fat quarters are A N N O Y I N G:
1. I think it’s about $3/fat quarter and that’s crzy!! I would rather buy half yards if that’s the case. You’re saving a little $$$ depending on the fabric.
2. Typical you can only buy a fat quarter online if it’s in a bundle pack and sometimes you don’t want the whole pack. . . but if you’re lucky then you can go to the local quilt store and pull it off the shelf. You could contact the online store to make you a special pack too.
3. Also after you buy just one fat quarter of the fabric you love and use it. . don’t you wish you had more of it?
I’m done buying fat quarters, I’m buying only half yards from now on! (j.k lets just say I won’t buy fat quarters as much). Check out my latest addition to my stash (all half yards/yards no fat quarters here!!)