Baby, Self

Random stuff for Friday

April 20, 2012

So a couple days ago we were teaching Pepper how to read properly. . didn’t you know there’s a right way to holding a book?? Well I hope you enjoy this video as much as we did:

I hate playing tag! I really, really, do. But I just can’t say no to Mrs Kim fr My Go-Go Life.

1. How machines do you/have you owned and what is your favorite machine?

I have a Pfaff Select 4.0 – so ole’ skool but eh I really only need it for straight line stitching. I’ve been debating on upgrading to a Janome Horizon 7700 but I get heartburn about the $$$.

2. What is your favorite quilt block? Please link up the pattern/tutorial I love adding to my to do list :o)

My favorite block is:

Block 3

You can get the templates off Kelbysews blog. She’s such a rockstar.

3. What is you favorite fabric line {or two if you can just not decide}?

I think my favorite line would have to be anything Denyse Schmidt. . . I like 98% of her designs.

My DS Fabric Collection

4. If you could live anywhere, where would you live and why?

I would lived near the beach or on the beach. I get super jealous of when Amber of One Shabby Chick post pics cause she lives in Hawaii. One day, I’m living on the beach!!!

5. Do you have any unusual talents?

Hmm. . . I can cuss like a sailor

6. What is your worst habit { I bite my nails}?

This is totally gross but I have a tendency of picking off my dead skin or scabs. Even thought it hasn’t healed all the way I’ll pick it til it bleeds again. Gross right?

7. What is your cannot live without sewing gadget? Again please provide a link so we all can see :o)

I can’t live without the iron. I’m sorry but I’m super anal about ironing. Maybe I should invest in a super iron and not a super sewing machine.

• Reply Kim April 20, 2012 at 9:25 am

Adam was laughing at me laughing at Pepper reading,LOL!!!! She is so dang CUTE!!!!!!! Thank you for playing and how is it that I am not surprised at all with your talent 😉 You’re the bestest baby!!!!

• Reply Debbie April 20, 2012 at 9:29 am

sweet video – a keeper! And I kind of agree about tagging. I felt really guilty tagging others, even though I love reading folks’ answers….the beach sounds like heaven, I agree!!

• Reply Skooks April 20, 2012 at 9:42 am

I’m not always a fan of tagging . . . people rarely tag me when I’m in the mood for that kind of stuff, but when I’m NOT tagged, sometimes I participate anyway. Like today. LOL.

• Reply Bianca April 20, 2012 at 12:17 pm

That’s one sweet girl…and that totally made me laugh. I think that I had a smile on my face the entire time that I watched it…yep, I’m a dork. 😉

• Reply Flying Blind April 20, 2012 at 12:46 pm

Oh bless Pepper!!
    And my answer to number 4? It would be in number 3!!

• Reply Elizabeth @ Don't Call Me Betsy April 20, 2012 at 1:46 pm

Pepper is just too funny, that video is so awesome that I had to watch it twice :) And I think you might be on the right track with the whole get-an-expensive-iron part, if you’re that hardcore on the ironing stuff!

• Reply Katie B April 20, 2012 at 2:15 pm

Your kid’s wicked smart.
    Can I visit when you move to the beach?

• Reply Meryl April 20, 2012 at 9:32 pm

You’re hilarious. And ironing can make a crazy project smooth… I know it now! You’ve converted me. haha.

Your Pfaff makes me all jealous. I look at KSL for one sometimes, and I’m just sad. Very sad. At least they retain their resell better than most cars, haha!

• Reply Meryl April 20, 2012 at 9:33 pm

PS: Pepper is SO cute. She reminds me so much of her brother. Couldn’t pry him out of books if we had wanted to try. Also… She reminds me a lot of Ms. Audrey.

• Reply Cara April 21, 2012 at 4:44 am

OMG that video is just too cute!!!