Fransson Quilts

Small Plates

April 18, 2012

Ah it’s time for the next quilt in the Practical to Patchwork project!  (wait, if you’re just tuning in, I’m making all the quilts in the book.  Yeah it’s kind of a personal quest)

Small Plates

What’s my fabric choices?  Well I’ve decided to do a little of Joel Dewberry and Prince Charming – what do think?  Their celebrity name shall be Prince Joel Small Plates.

Partner - what would fit you??

I’m going with a dark grey for the neutral color. . bring in some Kona Coal.

2011-09-04 22.21.20.jpg

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

• Reply Flying Blind April 18, 2012 at 5:59 am

Oooh they will look lovely!

• Reply Colleen April 18, 2012 at 6:21 am

Love it! This is the project I’m working on from the book. What? I know I haven’t finished any of them before this, but I had fabric that was screaming to be made into this quilt (sort of…I’m changing it up a bit) so I jumped ahead. Don’t hate me, ok?

• Reply sewcraftyjess April 18, 2012 at 6:24 am

Love where you are going with this! The name just rocks, love it!!

• Reply Katie B April 18, 2012 at 6:31 am

Loving your fabric choices! Prince Joel Small Plates of the House Sukie.

• Reply michelle April 18, 2012 at 6:59 am

i just recently found your blog and was excited to see you were working your way through the practical guide to patchwork. i made snapshots late last fall and i just finished fenced in…waiting for the sun to take a final pic. i pulled my aunt edna for small plates the other day but i’m not 100% committed. anyway, it’ll be great to follow your progress!

• Reply Debbie April 18, 2012 at 7:07 am

awesome palette – and love the new quilt name!

• Reply Marian Griffin April 18, 2012 at 9:11 am

What a wonderful quest! I’ll have to go back and check out your previous posts. This was the first real quilt book I ever bought and I still haven’t made one from it, but I look at it frequently…indecision is my issue I suppose. I really like your idea! Perhaps I should just start from the front? Just found your blog today by the way, lovely!

• Reply Lee @ Freshly Pieced April 18, 2012 at 11:34 am

Oooh, I love Small Plates! And fabulous fabric choices. Your quilt name is cracking me up. Thanks for linking up, lady!

• Reply Marcia R April 18, 2012 at 12:56 pm

Beautiful fabric choices. I’m also starting a quilt using coal as my neutral. My first time – usually it’s snow. I can’t wait!

• Reply Elizabeth @ Don't Call Me Betsy April 19, 2012 at 3:54 am

I want to see more!!!! Love the celebrity name 😉

• Reply Bianca April 19, 2012 at 2:19 pm

Love that book and your fabric choices…Prince Joel will be stunning!

• Reply Veronica Haley May 24, 2012 at 4:54 am

Love the fabric choices,love the “royal ” name. please don’t be insulted, but that would be a great name for a dog or cat ( pref. rescued ) who needs a “pedigree” lol

• Reply Mark M June 21, 2012 at 10:34 am

How about “Joel’s Charming Plates” I know it takes the royal aspect out but it is an illusion on the designs.

• Reply Sukie » Blog Archive » I’m such a loser! July 26, 2012 at 7:35 am

[…] gotta keep my WIPs to something that manageable ya know?  The first one that’s on list is my Prince Joel Small Plates.  I’ve put the blocks together. . and the top is done.  I’ve also got the back done. […]