4x5 Modern Bee, Fransson Quilts

Sewing Weekend

January 7, 2013

If you missed the sign-up for the 4×5 Modern Quilt Bee, there’s a waiting list.  Also Quarter 3 starts in March. . .

4x5 modern Quilt bee

Fall/Winter quarter has past and I’m way, way, way late in mailing my blocks!  If you aren’t on Instagram/twitter – the block pattern I choose was made by the taleted Joanna of Shape Moth.  The block is called Snow Cristal.  It’s a great paper piece block.

Snow Cristal block by Shape Moth

Snow Cristal Blocks for Hive#8

(My finished blocks for my bee mates)

The parts I struggled with is:

• I didn’t add the quarter inch to each piece at the beginning – main reason was I didn’t read the directions correctly.
  • And then making the block 12.5×12.5 was a bit frustrating but I followed Lee’s instructions from Freshly Pieced and squared that sucker up.

The other quilt I started working on was the next one in Practical Guide to Patchwork Project – Valentine.

Strings

The colors that I’m going with it Yellow, Grey, Navy Blue, and Green. I was able to finish a quarter of the blocks this weekend and I’m really loving how it’s looking so far! If you have scraps this is a great pattern to use it with!!!

Valentine blocks

All n’ all . . I had a great productive weekend! Did you???

P.S. I’ve been asking the general crafty public if they have xmas fabric scraps they they want to get rid of if so please let me know. thanks!

• Reply Lee @ Freshly Pieced January 7, 2013 at 9:05 am

Oooh, I am loving that string block, woman!

• Reply diane stanley January 7, 2013 at 10:46 am

The string block is great and I’m glad you were able to fix your short cut pieces on the bee block.

• Reply Erin January 7, 2013 at 11:47 am

Love that string block!! I need to check that pattern out:). Love your colors!

• Reply Ronnie Haley January 7, 2013 at 2:27 pm

Love string blocks!!! Had a productive weekend too, but still dealing with aftermath of Christmas 2012!!!

• Reply amy c. January 7, 2013 at 3:01 pm

love the bee blocks AND the string blocks! and i do have christmas scraps i’d love to part with, so email me and let me know if you’re looking for specific colors, etc, and i’d be thrilled to send some your way!

• Reply Lauren aka Giddy99 January 7, 2013 at 7:14 pm

Hi! How big/small scraps are you seeking? I might have some; mine are small, but I’m happy to share!

• Reply Tamie January 7, 2013 at 9:13 pm

Love the start to your string quilt.

• Reply Get some hand sanitizer, please! *giveaway time* March 13, 2013 at 7:41 am

[…] my Valentine quilt?  Well I was able to finish all the blocks and lay them out Friday night, and seriously loved how […]

• Reply Annette April 13, 2013 at 6:55 pm

I’m impressed, I have to admit. Seldom do I come across a blog that’s
    both equally educative and interesting, and let
    me tell you, you’ve hit the nail on the head. The issue is something that not enough people are speaking intelligently about. I’m very happy I came across this during my search
    for something regarding this.

• Reply popup domination 3.0 reviews April 17, 2013 at 12:36 am

Wow, wonderful blog layout! How lengthy have you
    ever been running a blog for? you make running a blog look
    easy. The full glance of your web site is excellent, as well as the content
    material!

• Reply dr oz pure green coffee bean extract reviews April 18, 2013 at 12:38 am

I am really enjoying the theme/design of your website.
    Do you ever run into any browser compatibility issues?
    A couple of my blog visitors have complained about
    my site not operating correctly in Explorer but looks great in Safari.
    Do you have any tips to help fix this issue?

• Reply Cassie April 20, 2013 at 6:43 pm

You’re so cool! I don’t believe I have read through a single thing like that before.
    So nice to find another person with some unique thoughts on this topic.
    Really.. many thanks for starting this up. This web site is one thing
    that’s needed on the internet, someone with some originality!

• Reply Otilia May 1, 2013 at 12:11 am

It’s amazing in support of me to have a site, which is helpful in support of my experience. thanks admin

• Reply fifa 14 key generator download March 29, 2014 at 4:30 am

Hello! Do you know if they make any plugins to safeguard
    against hackers? I’m kinda paranoid about losing everything I’ve worked
    hard on. Any recommendations?

• Reply すべきである May 12, 2014 at 9:11 pm