So I’m a huge estate sale junkie – meaning, I try to go to them whenever I can. Most of them are a bust but there when you hit those gems and get something good it just makes your day.
I’ve been collecting recipes and any recipe boxes I see and I thought it would be fun to make recipes that I find. I hope ya’ll can join along for the fun (here’s a link to the Flickr group) ~ I’m much a foodie as a quilter.
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.flickr.com/groups/estaterecipes/" title="Estate Recipes"><img src="http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5537/10788674495_e2f48bb9f1.jpg" alt="Estate Recipes" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
The first recipe is simple and easy! Here’s the original out of the box image:
Hello Dolly Cookies
- 1 Cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 TB of melt butter aka 1 cube of melted butter
- 1 Cup of chocolate chips
- 1 Cup of coconut
- 1 Cup of nuts *we used walnuts but I’d pick what suits your fancy*
- 1 Can of Condensed Milk
- Preheat oven to 350
- Line the bottom and sides of a 9-inch x 13-inch baking pan with parchment paper
- Combine melted butter and graham cracker crumbs in a bowl until thoroughly combined. Press evenly into bottom of baking dish.
- Top crust with chocolate chips
- Top chocolate chips with shredded coconut flakes
- Top coconut flakes with nuts
- Drizzle condensed milk over everything
- Bake for 30minutes
- Remove and let cool completely *To cut easily, let sit in refrigerator for at least one hour before serving.*