I think I haven’t been sewing for a long time, like I lost my mojo. I used to sew every night and then life got in the way and I stopped. I got my groove back last week and forgot the sense of accomplishment when you finish something even if it’s just a small 12.5 x 12.5 block.
So, remember how I was going to use Chicopee by Denyse Schmidt with coordinating solids from Pink Chalk? Well, I forgot that I need background fabric! D’oh!!! I was anxious to start the blocks so I went to the trusty Design Seeds site. I wanted to get a spring color palette for my blocks and this one gave me warm and fuzzies:
(Week 1 Blocks for #vintagequiltrevival)
There’s a lot of half square triangles this week – 20 total!!! Here are a couple tools, I’d suggest getting if you haven’t done so:
1. Frixion Heat Erase Pen by Pilot – these pens are awesome! The one I have is purple and it’s .7mm point and magically disappears when I’m ironing my seams open.
2. Quilter’s ruler 6 1/2 x 6 1/2 (normal retails for $15-16) . This comes in handy when you’re trimming the hsts. The important thing is that 45 degree bold line – you’ll be positioning that line on the seam of all the half square triangles to trim up.
The blocks are relatively easy and fast to put together.
- Link up your block(s) (this means you have either blog about it or uploaded to the flickr group). Put your link below!
- You can only share once – if you’ve made both blocks, THAT’S GREAT!!!! If you have only made one block, that’s okay. The goal is to keep us motivate - this isn’t a race!
- A winner will be drawn on the Monday before Tuesday’s post.
- The winner will be rewarded with an awesome fabric bundle from the sponsor that week.
- The winner has a Pay It Forward prize as well!! That’s right, I want you to share the wealth if you win – meaning that you have a chance to give the book away to a friend or family member!!! Just get me the addy and I’ll ship them a book.
- No multiple winners – if you’ve won once then that’s that.
This week’s sponsors are:
The Intrepid Thread ~ they specialize in specializes in high-end, designer quilting cottons. They carry the most sought-after, modern fabric in the industry, including collections by Amy Butler, Sarah Jane and Melody Miller. Our Art Gallery Elements come in a variety of colors and shades and are always kept in stock to compliment your quilting and sewing needs! Julie’s an awesome shop owner!!
Interweave is a successful and growing enthusiast-media company based in Loveland, CO, with offices in New York, Massachusetts, and Pennsylvania. Interweave delivers best-in-market content to enthusiasts when, where, and how they want.
Please link up below!!! Can’t wait to see your blocks!! I’ve already started working on #2