You know – I had some serious doubts about keeping this thing going. But now that I’m looking at Week 7 and there’s only 3 more weeks to go. We’re going to do it!!! And I thought about all the folks that may be starting. . .don’t be ashamed that you’re not with the rest. Start now! Link what you have – no judging here!!!
I’m still behind in making my Chicopee blocks – I haven’t done past week 1. . . and I want to make 40 blocks. . . . oi!
This week we’re still doing foundation paper piecing – but lets throw you a twist called a, “Partial Seam!” Yeah we’re looking at the your Tilted Star!!!!
After you’re done constructing the star points -
- I would take the paper off. Usually, I leave the paper on and sew the whole thing together because the paper helps me stabilize it.
- Watch the video below to help you better understand how a partial seams works:
- Link up your block(s) (this means you have either blog about it or uploaded to the flickr group). Put your link below!
- You can only share once – if you’ve made both blocks, THAT’S GREAT!!!! If you have only made one block, that’s okay. The goal is to keep us motivate – this isn’t a race!
- A winner will be drawn on the Monday before Tuesday’s post.
- The winner will be rewarded with an awesome fabric bundle from the sponsor that week.
- The winner has a Pay It Forward prize as well!! That’s right, I want you to share the wealth if you win – meaning that you have a chance to give the book away to a friend or family member!!! Just get me the addy and I’ll ship them a book.
- No multiple winners – if you’ve won once then that’s that.
This week’s sponsors are:
The Fat Quarter Shop was founded in 2003 by Kimberly Jolly. Kimberly began her shop as a side business while still working a corporate position, cutting, packing and shipping right out of her house during evenings and weekends. A great inspiration story of a entrepreneur making a successful business for herself
Interweave is a successful and growing enthusiast-media company based in Loveland, CO, with offices in New York, Massachusetts, and Pennsylvania. Interweave delivers best-in-market content to enthusiasts when, where, and how they want.