Here we are at week 8 . . . two more weeks and we’ll have 20 blocks. I’ve been brain storming how I want to finish the top. I thought about doing the same as the book – but then I want to think outside the box a little. Have you guys thought of how you’re going to finish your quilt???
Classic Double Windmill Block – Page 120
Cut from Cream Fabric (B4): 3-1/2″ x 5″ (Cut 2)
Cut from Cream Fabric (A5): 3-1/2″ x 3-1/2″ (Cut 1)
Cut from Green Fabric (A4): 5″x 5″, cut in half on the diagonal (Cut 1)
Are you ready to tackle another partial seam?? The Double Windmill block is a great looking block. I did run into a bit of trouble finishing it so here’s some on my tips:
- Cut a (2) 6.5 x 6.5 block instead of the (2) 5×5 blocks for the background fabric. (I’m just giving you more fudge room for your block)
- Cut the 6.5 x 6.5 diagonally
- Attach it to the block
- Trim block to 12.5 x 12.5
- Link up your block(s) (this means you have either blog about it or uploaded to the flickr group). Put your link below!
- You can only share once – if you’ve made both blocks, THAT’S GREAT!!!! If you have only made one block, that’s okay. The goal is to keep us motivate – this isn’t a race!
- A winner will be drawn on the Monday before Tuesday’s post.
- The winner will be rewarded with an awesome fabric bundle from the sponsor that week.
- The winner has a Pay It Forward prize as well!! That’s right, I want you to share the wealth if you win – meaning that you have a chance to give the book away to a friend or family member!!! Just get me the addy and I’ll ship them a book.
- No multiple winners – if you’ve won once then that’s that.
This week’s sponsors are:
The Knotted Thread: A lovely shop owned and operated by Mrs. Jenn. She started her shop in 2012 and is always carrying the latest and greatest lines. The Knotted Thread carries bundles of the whole lines and patterns. Go visit her shop will ya?
Interweave is a successful and growing enthusiast-media company based in Loveland, CO, with offices in New York, Massachusetts, and Pennsylvania. Interweave delivers best-in-market content to enthusiasts when, where, and how they want.