Sunday, I finished all the blocks for the #vintagequiltrevival in my Flora Hues color scheme and I was so freakin’ exciting!!! I’ve started to work on the borders and hope to have the top and back done next week. I’m going to send it to the quilter.
I need to start working on my Chicopee color scheme but that is going to go on the back burner because I’m working on an epic quilt and hope to do a quilt along with it.
If ya’ll are behind that’s okay, I’ve reopened all the link ups please feel free to link up. Everyone works at their own pace and seriously, life gets in the way.
We’re on week 9 and we can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I’m loving seeing all the blocks together! Overall, I have a special place in my heart for sampler quilts.
The first block we’re working on is Mosaic No. 8 page 140. This block was so stinkin’ easy (even though I did the corners of the block wrong d’oh!)! It’s just half square triangles. I choose three layers of colors for this block.
The second block we’re working on Star and Pinwheels page 62. And I’m just being a little biased here but this is one of my favorite block. I made it extra scrappy. Again this block is plain piecing, which is a nice break from foundation paper piecing.
- Link up your block(s) (this means you have either blog about it or uploaded to the flickr group). Put your link below!
- You can only share once – if you’ve made both blocks, THAT’S GREAT!!!! If you have only made one block, that’s okay. The goal is to keep us motivate – this isn’t a race!
- A winner will be drawn on the Monday before Tuesday’s post.
- The winner will be rewarded with an awesome fabric bundle from the sponsor that week.
- The winner has a Pay It Forward prize as well!! That’s right, I want you to share the wealth if you win – meaning that you have a chance to give the book away to a friend or family member!!! Just get me the addy and I’ll ship them a book.
- No multiple winners – if you’ve won once then that’s that.
This week’s sponsors are:
The Knotted Thread: A lovely shop owned and operated by Mrs. Jenn. She started her shop in 2012 and is always carrying the latest and greatest lines. The Knotted Thread carries bundles of the whole lines and patterns. Go visit her shop will ya?
Interweave is a successful and growing enthusiast-media company based in Loveland, CO, with offices in New York, Massachusetts, and Pennsylvania. Interweave delivers best-in-market content to enthusiasts when, where, and how they want.