Refresher on Cutting:
Remember cut along the width of the fabric.
- Line selvage to selvage with the folded edge closest to you
- Lay your ruler (preferably 6.5×23) on the fabric
- Line a horizontal line on the ruler to the fold of the fabric
- Move the ruler to the edge on the right side of the fabric – cut off a small strip of fabric, creating your straight edge #squareitup
- Carefully rotate your cutting mat and start cutting 2.5inch strips
- Keeping them folded, lay your 2 strips on top of each other
- Square up the edge/trip selvage off
- Start cutting 2.5×2.5 squares
Note: Fat Quarters = 56 squares
Again, reminder cut all your squares up first and then mix them up! The scrappy-er the better with this one. Don’t overthink your fabric choices. I would suggest putting a couple of solids in there for the light|medium|dark grey since it’s the outline of the kitty. The block instructions and legend are below – pretty self explanatory.
Pressing: I noted on block one which way you should press your blocks if you prefer pressing you seams side to side. If you want to press your seams open then ignore those arrows. Press the way you want to. There are merits to both ways.
I’ll post updates on my week 1 blocks in next week’s post and on my Instagram profile. Remember if you’re following along, I would love to see your blocks! Tag me on IG, FB, or even email me!! Can’t wait to see your #HKQAL