For 2015, I finished a couple minis and a quilt
Notable events in 2015:
- Did Sewtopia’s first teaching event in Chicago in April. Love the city but hated the commute. I loved meeting Rita of Red Peppers Quilt. She’s a great lady and I love just hanging out with her for the weekend. Latifah of the Quilt Engineer/Latifah Saafir Studios was a great teacher and she helped a bunch of us conquer our fears on sewing curves.
- Bought a new car in June. We had a gas guzzling Acura MDX that was getting 17mpg and since I taxi around the family so much it wasn’t cutting it. So we go a Honda HRV which upped it to 28mpg. We love our new ride, the kids are squeezed in a little tighter but I don’t care. They’re getting a free ride so deal with it kid!
- Attended Sew OK in July. Took the Meadow Quilt class by Lizzy House and had a great time. It was fun to be an attendee and not the host. I still haven’t finished the quilt but it’s going to look great when I do.
- Went to Yellowstone/Jackson Hole with friends and family. Glamping was fun and we loved seeing animal traffic jams. I loved just disconnecting from the world for a couple weeks.
- Dressed up at the Poop emoji for Halloween. My job is very serious and one day out of the year that I can be funny, it would be halloween
- Did Sewtopia Portland, had a great time! Got my 3rd tattoo when I was there and it’s been my personal motto
- Decided to recommit myself to the blog and launch the #HKQAL
- Keep blogging!
- Gotta get in better shape. I’ve gotta incorporate exercise into my daily/weekly habit. I’ve got a gym membership but have to dust it off. I hate going to the gym but that’s a really lame excuse. I need to develop a workout plan and then execute. I don’t think the focus is weight loss (even though losing some pounds couldn’t hurt) but focus on strength building.
- Go back to eating out less and eating in more. This helps with weight loss goal mentioned above. I noticed that when I eat in more, my weight starts dropping.
- Declutter my life and help the family declutter. I hang on to too much shit. I gotta get more organized and let things go.
- List out my current sewing projects and start finishing them, even if they don’t suit my fancy anymore.
- Make a garment, it could involve taking a class.
- Sell our house and move into our dream neighborhood. For many years, the hubby and I have been talking about selling our house and buying in the right location.